Updated October 24, 2023
Our Commitment to Privacy
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information about you in various ways when you visit the Site. During your interactions with the Site, such as when you register with the Site, sign up for an event, or agree to volunteer we may collect the following types of information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit card information (for donations and payment transactions)
- Your preferences for receiving additional information, such as emails or text messages.
We use this information to validate Site users, to facilitate participation in various IronMatt events and other services offered through the Site, and to process any transactions that you authorize through the Site. If we need to contact you regarding the Site, our services or your account, or to respond to an inquiry from you, this information may be used to contact you. If you send us an email, we may retain it and any response we make in order to handle any follow-up questions you may haveto measure how effectively we address your concerns or to record the resolution of your inquiry.
You may also submit information that names you or a family member or otherwise identifies you or a family member, including your connection to pediatric brain tumors, when you share texts, photographs and/or videos with us to be shared on the Site, as well as IronMatt emails and social media channels. This information shall never include, and we will never make public, your credit card information. Before posting any other personally identifiable information on the Site, we will obtain your consent (which may be by email or text and may be in the form of a pre-consent) to use this information on the Site.
Non-personally Identifiable Information We Collect
In addition to the information you knowingly provide and consent to, IronMatt automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through analytics tools. We may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Site upon return. You may use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Site.
Storage and Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personally identifiable information.
This Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The security measures used on this site include, but are not limited to, industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, firewalls, and internal policies to maintain the security of stored data. All systems are PCI/DSS compliant for all transaction information. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use any of the information we collect from you to respond to you and improve the Site and our services, including to:
- Process payment transactions;
- Process and respond to your questions;
- Contact you about your account or an event; for example, we send all registered users a welcome email to confirm registration;
- Update the Site and create marketing plans;
- Implement credit fraud protection and risk reduction measures;
- Enforce the terms of service;
- Send you a newsletter or information about IronMatt; and
- For any other reason you provided the information to us.
IronMatt does not, and will not, sell, trade, or rent information for any purpose and does not send out supporter mailings on behalf of other organizations except with your specific permission to do so. However, IronMatt may share your information (excluding your credit card information, except to a bank or credit card payment processor in order to complete a transaction) with a third party, including to:
- Our service providers, auditors, consultants, external business partners, suppliers, Vendors and others who help IronMatt with financial, operational, research or communication activities on our behalf;
- A third-party service provider hired to prepare and/or process the mailing when we communicate with you by mail, email or other means;
- A bank or credit card payment processor in order to complete a transaction;
- Third parties to provide analytics or to confirm or update information provided by you;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or illegal activities, or when otherwise required by law.
If you do not wish for your information to be shared outside of the organization, you can email us at email@example.com and we will comply with your request.
Opting Out of Communications
The IronMatt Site may include links to other sites. These sites have their own privacy policies, which we urge you to review before providing any information to them.
How to Contact Us
If at any time you wish to review the information we have on file for you, request a correction to this information or have your information removed from our mailing list, we will comply with your request.
You may contact us by any of these methods:
Mail: P.O. Box 836, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Or visit our Contact page to contact us through the website.
Last updated October 24, 2023
Information Collected from Donors
When you make a donation to IronMatt, we collect the following personally identifiable information from you:
- Email address
- Mailing address (including street, city, state and ZIP code)
- Credit card information (if chosen as your method of payment)
How We Use Donor Information
IronMatt does not, and will not, sell, trade or rent any donor information for any purpose and does not send out donor mailings on behalf of other organizations except with the donor’s specific permission to do so. However, IronMatt may use your donor information to:
- Send you a receipt for your donation
- Thank you for your donation
- Conduct internal analysis and recordkeeping
- Comply with federal and state law and reporting obligations
- Create a donor list or database
- Contact you about IronMatt news, activities, events and other fundraising opportunities
How We May Ask Third Parties to Use Your Donor Information
IronMatt does not, and will not, sell, trade or rent any donor information for any purpose and does not send out donor mailings on behalf of other organizations except with the donor’s specific permission to do so. However, IronMatt may share your donor information with a third party (other than credit card information except to a bank or credit card payment processor in order to complete a transaction as provided below), including to:
- Our service providers, auditors, consultants, external business partners, suppliers, vendors and others who help IronMatt with financial, operational or research activities on our behalf.
- A third-party service provider hired to prepare and/or process the mailing when we communicate with you by mail, email or other means.
- A bank or credit card payment processor in order to complete a transaction.
- Third parties to provide analytics or to confirm or update information provided by you.
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, suspected fraud or illegal activities, or when otherwise required by law.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Contact page.