MEDICAL RESEARCH GRANT
The first step of the application and review process is submission of a letter of intent (LOI). The Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) reviews all LOIs to determine which applicants will be invited to submit a full application. The criteria for the MAC’s review include alignment with the Foundation’s mission and the expected impact of the proposed work. Applicants will then be notified of whether they have been selected to submit a full grant application for consideration. Once grant applications are submitted, they are evaluated by independent peer reviewers to assess various aspects of the proposed research (significance/innovation, approach, personnel, etc.). After examining peer review feedback, the MAC provides recommendations on the projects that should be considered for funding to the Board of Directors.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND GRANT PARAMETERS:
• The Primary Investigator (Applicant) must be an MD or PhD at a not-for-profit medical or scientific institution in the United States or Canada.
• The Primary Investigator (Applicant) must hold an academic rank of assistant professor (or equivalent) or instructor (or equivalent.) Investigators at higher ranks are excluded.
• Investigators at multiple institutions are invited to submit joint applications as long as officials at both institutions approve and agree to abide by all Foundation requirements.
• Grants will not exceed $75,000 over a 1-year period.
• Only direct costs will be funded. No indirect or other institutional costs will be funded. Salaries, equipment, and supplies will be allowed as long as they are direct costs of the project. Salary support must match percentage effort. Travel funding is specifically excluded.
|IMPORTANT DATES FOR THIS YEAR'S MEDICAL RESEARCH GRANT PROCESS:
LOI Submission Period: September 10, 2015 to October 16, 2015
Invite/Decline Notification: December 4, 2015
Invited Application Submission Period: December 4, 2015 to January 15, 2016
Award Notification: April 1, 2016
CLICK HERE for complete instructions on submitting an LOI.
To submit an LOI, CLICK HERE (brief user profile must be created first).